University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- LL.M., Master of Laws
- B.A. Academy of Economic Studies
- Business Management and Account Analysis
Location: Irvine, California
An Experienced Attorney Serving Individuals And Businesses
With an extensive business and legal background, attorney Simina Gentry has developed the skills and refined legal acumen necessary to address complex transactional and litigation matters. Her focused approach – limiting her practice to the fields of business law and estate planning law – allows her to remain on top of changing laws and trends. This translates into effective representation based on an understanding of emerging legal strategies.
In addition to being a licensed California attorney, Ms. Gentry has obtained a wealth of experience and credentials that allow her to better serve clients in business and estate matters. She obtained a Master of Laws degree from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law and has a degree in business management.
Prior to opening her own firm, Ms. Gentry worked with a global law firm that consistently ranks among the top firms in Southern California, throughout the United States and globally. During her career she has handled a variety of legal matters such as:
- Advising a variety of businesses – at all levels of development – on a wide range of compliance matters related to corporate rules and state and federal regulations.
- Facilitating business formation and development for business owners and other stakeholders
- Assisting with the expansion of a multi-million dollar franchise and the increased distribution of the company’s products.
- Drafting and reviewing purchase agreements, partnership agreements, distribution agreements, employment/independent contractor agreements, and many other types of contracts.
- Successfully facilitating the import of a variety of international products to the United States, including the completion of all transactions, agreements, and compliance with the local, state, Federal Drug Administration and other federal agencies’ governing rules and regulations.
- Negotiating corporate dissolution and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for small- to medium-sized business, and offering advice to business owners and shareholders.
- Providing assistance to national and international clients with trademarks and initial patent registration at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Managing extensive discovery proceedings in wide range of complex business litigation cases.
- Negotiating a settlement in a case with the U.S. Department of Labor regarding a business’ non-compliance with the Employee Retirement Income and Securities Act (ERISA).
- Favorably resolving several multi-million dollar business litigation cases by using thorough preparation tactics and a detail-oriented approach to drafting memorandums and pleadings.
Ms. Gentry is an Assistant Professor of Law at Irvine University College of Law, where she teaches Legal Strategy & Reasoning, as well as Legal Writing. She is also an active member of the Southern California legal community.
Personalized Service Designed With Your Goals In Mind
Ms. Gentry’s services are not based solely on her experience and knowledge of the law, but also on the unique facets of each client’s case. Whether you are an individual, a business owner, or a small, medium or large company, you will receive prompt and efficient service that is custom-tailored to your goals.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Contract law
- Trademark law
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Arbitrator, FINRA Dispute Resolution Panel (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority), 2015
- California, 2004
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- LL.M., Master of Laws
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Special Recognition Award – Irvine University College of Law, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United States District Court – Central District of California
- Orange County Bar Association – Business & Corporate Law Section
- USC Law Alumni Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer: UCLA Moot Court Judge – 2003
- English (Primary)