Katherine A. Porter
Areas of Practice
- Business law
- Real Estate law
- Contract law
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2000
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2001
- University of California Los Angeles, School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- Connecticut College, B.A., cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Professional of the Year, International Right of Way Association Chapter 67 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- IRWA Chapter 67: President 2015-2016, Events Chair, Communications Chair
- New Vista School: Board Member / Of Counsel
- Connecticut College Alumni Association: Admissions Partner
A Skilled Attorney Advising California Business Owners
Through years of legal experience, Katherine Porter has gained the insight and knowledge to counsel businesses on their most complex problems. Specializing in valuation disputes and contract litigation, she collaborates with clients to reach efficient solutions that maximize benefits while mitigating risks.
Ms. Porter brings over 15 years of both litigation and transactional experience, enabling her to serve clients with diverse legal needs. She is a proud Camel having received her B.A. from Connecticut College. Ms. Porter received her law degree from UCLA School of Law, where she served as an Articles Editor for the UCLA Law Review. Prior to joining Centauri Law Group, Ms. Porter worked with a national law firm as part of their eminent domain and valuation practice group. She represented both agencies and business owners in real estate, inverse condemnation, leases and land use disputes. Her experience includes:
- Successfully represented commercial property owners in an access impairment case related to the city’s closure of the property’s primary driveway;
- Drafting and reviewing agreements for the purchase and sale of property rights related to the construction and expansion of utility service.
- Obtaining favorable judgment and award of attorneys’ fee in favor of casino developer against frivolous challenge to the multi-million-dollar project in San Diego.
- Representing property owner in trial over value of apartment building lost to Caltrans overpass project.
- Negotiating agreement with multiple business owners and transportation agency for the acquisition of an easement for street widening.
- Assisting at trial of value of business allegedly impacted by construction of bridge for rail line.
- Arbitrating market value of lease for first-class office space in unique neighborhood.
Solutions that Meet Your Needs
Ms. Porter understands that each transaction and dispute is meaningful for the parties involved. She will work with you to understand your goals and suggest and approach best suited to meet.
Location: Irvine, California